Monday, April 7, 2014

The Weekly Courgette and Other Lovelies

The first week of April has been humming along at our haus...


We are the last gluten eaters alive.  (This particular homemade pizza is laden with zucchini,
mushrooms and spinach...we do a bit more vegetarian cooking during this season...)

During spring break, we had a wonderful, educational afternoon with our children at an
important local historical site:  The Gulf of Georgia Cannery.  These colourful pipes were a
 part of the steam-sealing section of the plant.

A very special family portrait I finished recently.  I was most pleased with the beautiful cheongsam  I painted my very beautiful subject in!

Mr. Hausfrau and I love going on dates.  Recently we went to a new place near my parents'
(thanks to them for keeping our littles while we got some alone time!).
We enjoyed the sausages, beer and this marvelous exposed brick-and-pipes feature wall.

What has been new and marvelous for you this week??

16 comments:

  1. It all looks like fun, but that pizza! Oh yum! It even looks healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, that zuchinni pizza looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love zucchini and now that it's closer to being in season here, I'm digging out all my fave recipes to use it in!

      Delete
  3. The pizza looks delish! And your custom piece looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Edi! You work on custom art all the time too, I know...the best reward is a happy customer!

      Delete
  4. Aw thanks...she is a natural beauty and "wore" the dress perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pizza looks yummy!
    love the pipes photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the pipes wild? My kids even noticed how beautiful and random they were at the cannery museum!

      Delete
  6. Well, maybe not the last gluten eaters alive but our numbers are dwindling... Bring back the gluten! Pizza looks good. My guys won't eat pizza if there's vegetables on it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Am going to get you the "gluten tag" tshirt:

      https://www.threadless.com/product/4650/Gluten_Tag/style,iphone

      Ya the pizza was for me and N. Kids had one with just sauce and cheese ;P

      Delete
  7. Too bad you live that far away, I would so love a slice of that pizza! And your custom piece looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Marieken you and I are always looking for a long distance date aren't we? The last time I was wanting a slice or your pie or cake or something amazing you had whipped up...

      Delete
  8. I love that custom artwork, the bright colours really pop against the black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Wilma! Comments on 'contrast' are very cherished coming from a talented photographer, such as yourself ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...