Tuesday, April 7, 2015

David Suzuki: Hero, Inspiration, Hair God

Better late than never! I'm posting some pictures of a gallery reception meant to honor a local (national...a GLOBAL) legend, David Suzuki.  A group of about 40 artists (including moi, bien sur) represented his visage in their respective mediums.

I was interviewed as a participating artist too! (article here)










This was my submission - comparing Suzuki to Bond, the incomparable intellectual with integrity.




(and shamelessly, the red dot next to my name never loses it's thrill!)




All thanks go to the very special gallery owner, Chris Bentzen for hosting us all and letting us celebrate David with style and flare! 

7 comments:

  1. How exciting and congratulations! It's great to see how you and the other artists
    perceive him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, looks like a great thing to be a part of. I love how totally different they all are, and how colourful yours is! How are things in your corner of the world, I miss having you around in blog-land :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...it's always nice to be missed! I'm back now...had to put my axe to the grindstone for a spell...or brush to canvas, as it were...glad to be back, armed with fresh new paintings in the shop!

      Delete
  3. What a great way to showcase your work and celebrate a legend. Congrats on your interview too. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being invited to participate in this event! I love seeing all the different artists' work together like this. I always love how your pieces add color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if nothing else, my contribution to the scene is certainly colour! Thanks for popping by, Edi...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...